BIONRGWOOD’s production plant operates to strict safety standards and in line with international certification requirements meeting the very strictest of specifications. The company complies with the requirements of the following standards:
- EN ISO 9001:2000 in relation to certification of its quality management system.
- ISO 14001:2004 in relation to certification of its environment quality system, and EMAS in line with Regulation (EC) No 761/2001.
- Commission Directive 2001/90/EC of 26 October 2001 on the impregnation of timber posts with type B WEI creosote (Standard EN 13991/2003).
- BS 1990: Part 1: Wood poles for overhead power and telecommunication lines.
- Standards developed by the Hellenic Telecommunications Organisation and the Public Power Corporation of Greece.
- EN 14229:2010 : Wood poles for overhead lines (CE Certificate)
Our EMAS SCHEME
Working hard in numerous ways for the environment.
As a leader in its sector and a high growth rate, BIONRGWOOD takes care of the environment and has joined the European Union’s eco-management and audit scheme, EMAS. EMAS is a tool for managing, evaluation, notifying and improving the environmental performance of an organization. The scheme commenced in 1995 and initially only companies operating within industrial sectors could participate. However, since 2001 the EMAS scheme has been open to all the sectors of the economy, including public and private services. BIONRGWOOD is proud to participate with success in this scheme.